Notary handbooks and applications are available on the Secretary of State's website or at the Osage County Clerk's Office.
To qualify for a Notary Commission:
1) You must be at least 18 years of age.
2) You must be a registered voter in the county within and for which you are commissioned.
3) You must apply for the county in which you legally reside.
Steps to becoming a Missouri Notary Public:
1) Read booklet provided by the State (can be obtained on the Secretary of State's Web site or from the Clerk's Office)
2) Send completed application to the State along with a $25.00 fee made payable to: State Director of Revenue. Application is on the Secretary of State's Web site or in the booklet)
3) You will need to obtain an insurance bond in the amount of $10,000. (This should be done after a letter is received from the Secretary of State's office notifying you of your commission dates)
4) You then sign the Oath of Office and the Notary bond in the Clerk's office, and pick up your commission. (The fee is $10.00)
5) All that remains to do is get your notary stamp and supplies. (The County Clerk's Office does not sell notary supplies)
Please contact our office at 573-897-2139 prior to coming in for renewal or new notary to check and make sure we have received your notary papers from the state. (We cannot proceed unless we have the papers as well.)