The County Clerk is an elected official who is responsible for keeping accurate records of the orders, rules and proceedings of the County Commission.
In addition, the County Clerk is the election authority for the county. As the election authority, the office maintains the voter registration for the county and conducts elections for the political subdivisions. They oversee the printing of the ballots and the hiring of election judges to work at the polls on Election Day.
Other administrative responsibilities of the Clerk include extending the real and personal property tax bills for the railroad and utility companies. In addition, the clerk provides the political subdivisions with their assessed valuations so they can, in return, hold their hearings and certify their tax levy with the County Clerk.
Primary Responsibilities of the County Clerk’s Office:
- Serves as the County Budget and Financial Officer
- Handles all County insurance and accounts payable activities
- Responsible for Osage County Employee benefits, payroll and personnel records
- Conduct all elections held in Osage County
- Responsible for voter registration and campaign finances
- Custodian of records such as contracts with the county and all minutes of the County Commission and files relating to the County Commission
- Bid openings: Receive all bids and maintain files of all copies of bids and notices.
- Notary Public: Swear in Notaries and certify them to the State of Missouri
- Board of Equalization: Schedule appointments and maintain minutes and decisions for the Board of Equalization.
- Licenses: Issue all County Liquor and Auctioneer licenses
- Performs certification of value and rates of all political subdivisions
- Performs certification and apportionment of revenue for railroad and utility companies
- Performs certification of local real and personal revenues chargeable to the Audrain County Collector
June 30th - Commercial Liquor License Renewals
Auctioneers License Renewals (Annual)
Fees: Notary $10.00, Fuel Claim Assistance $1.00, and Plat Books $30.00
OSAGE COUNTY CLERK – PATRICK STEELE
205 E. MAIN STREET
P.O. BOX 826
LINN, MO 65051
(573) 897-2139 – Phone
(573) 897-4741 – Facsimile
County Clerk – Patrick H. Steele – 897-2497 ext. 113
Financial / Human Resources Deputy Clerk – Nicci Bouse – 897-2497 ext. 111
Elections Deputy Clerk – Emily Buhr – 897-2497 ext. 112
Voter Registration / Front Desk Clerk – Bernie Timberlake – 897-2497 ext. 114
We are open by 8:00 a.m. every weekday morning until 4:30 p.m. every evening. We are also open through lunch for your convenience. (Closed major holidays)