The County Clerk is an elected official who is responsible for keeping accurate records of the orders, rules and proceedings of the County Commission.
In addition, the County Clerk is the election authority for the county. As the election authority, the office maintains the voter registration for the county and conducts elections for the political subdivisions. They oversee the printing of the ballots and the hiring of election judges to work at the polls on Election Day.
Other administrative responsibilities of the Clerk include extending the real and personal property tax bills for the railroad and utility companies. In addition, the clerk provides the political subdivisions with their assessed valuations so they can, in return, hold their hearings and certify their tax levy with the County Clerk.
Primary Responsibilities of the County Clerk’s Office:
- Serves as the County Budget and Financial Officer
- Handles all County insurance and accounts payable activities
- Responsible for Osage County Employee benefits, payroll and personnel records
- Conduct all elections held in Osage County
- Responsible for voter registration and campaign finances
- Custodian of records such as contracts with the county and all minutes of the County Commission and files relating to the County Commission
- Bid openings: Receive all bids and maintain files of all copies of bids and notices.
- Notary Public: Swear in Notaries and certify them to the State of Missouri
- Board of Equalization: Schedule appointments and maintain minutes and decisions for the Board of Equalization.
- Licenses: Issue all County Liquor and Auctioneer licenses
- Performs certification of value and rates of all political subdivisions
- Performs certification and apportionment of revenue for railroad and utility companies
- Performs certification of local real and personal revenues chargeable to the Osage County Collector
- WE ARE NOW SELLING HUNTING AND FISHING LICENSES. 6.5% OF SALES HELPS FUND OUR OFFICE.
June 30th - Commercial Liquor License Renewals
Picnic Liquor License $28.00 per day/site
Auctioneers License Renewals $53.00 (Annual)
Fees: Notary $10.00, Fuel Claim Assistance $1.00, and Plat Books $35.00
Extra Printouts .25 each page and $1.00 extra to mail standard envelope.
OSAGE COUNTY CLERK – NICCI BOUSE
205 E. MAIN STREET
P.O. BOX 826
LINN, MO 65051
(573) 897-2139 – Phone
(573) 897-4741 – Facsimile
County Clerk – Nicci Kammerich (Bouse) – 897-2497 ext. 111
Financial / HR Election Chief Deputy – Valerie Prater – 897-2497 ext. 110
Financial Election Support Deputy Clerk - Laci Tambke ext. 112
Front Desk / Voter Registration Clerk - Heather Gyorkos - ext. 114
We are open by 8:00 a.m. every weekday morning until 4:30 p.m. every evening. We are also open through lunch for your convenience.
(Closed major holidays)
Closed for Lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on February 21st or February 24th, 2021; September 21st, 2020 and December 7th, 2020 to celebrate work anniversaries for staff.
PLAT BOOKS $35.00 AND WALL MAPS $65.00 AVAILABLE
Missouri Secretary of State
2020 Osage County Budget
2020 Budget Signatures
2020 Budget Certification
2019 Osage County Budget
2018 Osage County Financial Statement
2018 Osage County Amended Budget
2017 Osage County Financial Statement